Saturday, January 30, 2021

Creating Dr.Love☺️ and late post about ami Kenshin


Hello there☺️ been out of blogging for ages.

Hoping you're all safe and healthy. Being in this pandemic thing isn't easy, we all hope that this thing ends soon. Anyways I'm back blogging about my passion for crochet.

So here I am again blogging about Ami's, I know am not that expert in amigurumis but I want to share my journey making Ami's, my latest project is a Dr. Doll let's just call him Dr. Love also sharing about ami Kenshin and  the current WIP doll I am making which is giving me some headache as it's hard for me to try to crochet and jot down patterns simultaneously ha ha. I really  admire those crocheters that makes patterns specially amigurumis.


Dr. Love

Here's the picture of him while am making it with me on the picture of course😅

Dr.Love is about 12 inches.




I followed a YT tutorial making this doll, just altered some in the process  specially in the eyes as I had hard time on embroidering his eyes I could not follow what the tutorial is saying/doing  as it is in Spanish & my Spanish is rusty😅


The doll starts on making his hands first then the legs going up to the neck, 
you have to change color for the boxer part & after joining the arms into the body, you also have to make his uniform,


stethoscope, face mask, face shield and shoes too😁 It is not that easy making small accessories for the doll plus adding hair & giving him haircut is also a challenge but am grateful that there are generous people who upload such intricate designs and they're for free! I am not sure if I can share her YT link here, but it's called "Muñeco Infermo" by Petus Ochoa with the #graciaspersonalmedico & yes I did include that # also when I post in on IG & FB. Thanks to her I finished my Dr. Love ami.

My Kenshin Himura




I have made Kenshin a couple of years ago, not sure if I have already uploaded pictures here but the history behind it was my son who  was so fond of watching that cartoons before "Samurai X" & Kenshin was the main Character.

Like other ami you have to start from bottom going up to the neck.


Join them together, on Kenshin I also added wire inside to make him do whatever post I put him to 😝

Adding hair is also a challenge specially to  smaller Ami's

I tried to copy his hair with highlights😅
But couldn't copy his face the way it should be, ha ha his face ended like  exhausted & dehydrated, looks like he just came from battle 😂
When making Kenshin doll it was also hard, His kimono & his hakama is also a challenge to make and most of my Ami's I use thread mercerized cotton &  1 5-1.75 mm hook.
Kenshin Ami is about 9 inches.

So that's it for today, will post about the current ami pattern I am making soon. Stay safe everyone!
Keep smiling & God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers